Make an impact on the browsing experience of 360+ million users worldwide.
Have you ever dreamed of making a real impact on the way people access the web? Well, then working at Opera should be exactly right for you! Here, the innovations you create quickly get implemented and delivered to our users.
Huge scale - small, independent teams.
You will work surrounded by supportive colleagues and in a flat organizational structure with short decision-making processes that boost your creativity and drive.
We are looking for a Frontend Developer to work in a Web Services team that is responsible for developing, configuring, monitoring and troubleshooting various of Opera's services that are currently serving more than 360 million of users.
- Develop new services and add features to a variety of systems
- Take part in overall design and architecture discussions
- Participate in and contribute to all parts of the development
- Adapt to and learn new technologies
- Understand and act upon the needs of your internal users (developers, QA, managers)
- Bachelor's/Master's in Computer Science or equivalent
- Good understanding of ReactJS with Redux
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML 5, CSS 3
- Strong Web development skills, including:
- Design of the overall architecture of web applications
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of applications for speed and scalability
- Integration of front-end and back-end aspects of web applications
- Good understanding of git
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Bonus points for experience in:
- Knowledge of Python/GO/NodeJS
- Good understanding of web protocols like HTTP or TCP/IP
- Browser APIs and Protocols