Senior Data Scientist (Engineering)
Opera is looking for a highly motivated Senior Data Scientist to join our talented data science team to help scale our growing advertising business and data management platform strategy. The main responsibility of this role will be to manage our existing data sets, use machine learning technology and build advanced analytical models geared towards revenue generation.
As a Data Scientist you will be reporting to the VP of Ad Operations & Monetization. In this role, you will develop and evaluate machine learning models using large data-sets, cloud services and customer behavior insights to improve our advertising products. Working closely with best-in-class engineers you will have the opportunity to apply a variety of machine learning algorithms and work on one of the world's largest data sets to influence the long-term evolution of our technology roadmap.
Your role could be described as an end-to-end data scientist with product management competence covering the full data science lifecycle from understanding the underlying consumer needs and business opportunities through to production. This means collecting and analyzing relevant data, building a model from your hypotheses, testing, deployment and monitoring.
- Responsible for managing and executing architecture design and implementation of next-generation business intelligence solutions related to machine learning
- Create, build and execute DMP and Machine learning strategies in line with business objectives
- Act as the main point of contact between product teams, data scientists and privacy teams to ensure the best usage of data aligned with privacy, data architecture requirements as well as business objectives
- Continuously seek to improve the data management platform in order to maximize advertising revenues and advertisers’ performance, including first and third-party data
- Build, deliver and maintain high quality data architecture and pipelines to support business analysts, data scientists, and customer reporting needs
- Work closely with stakeholders across the organisation to define complex business problems and suggest the right analytical, data privacy and technical solutions for the DMP
- Develop and implement advanced models using state-of-the-art data technologies
- With a focus on strategic business, objectives perform advanced analysis on structured and unstructured data, predictive modelling, pattern recognition, and anomaly detection
- Communicate results, insights and recommendations throughout the organisation
- Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources.
- Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers
An ideal Data Scientist for this role has
- Masters in computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics, or other relevant quantitative field
- 5-7+ years of experience in Data Science, Data Management Platform and Machine learning technologies.
- Broad and detailed understanding of Data Science and Machine Learning technologies
- Hands-on experience with different types of datasets and procedures (i.e. data extraction, cleaning, analysis and visualization for numerical and text-based data)
- Strong programming skills within Python and SQL
- Experience of working with large datasets in cloud-based analytics platforms like BigQuery or similar
- Experience with Business Intelligence solutions like ChartIO or similar
- Building features and advanced analytical models to understand the drivers behind product performance and changing user behavior, and predict future outcomes
We will review applications on a rolling basis, apply now!
Opera is a leading global internet brand with an engaged and growing base of over 380 million average monthly active users. Building on 25 years of innovation, starting with our browser products, we are increasingly leveraging our brand as well as our massive and highly active user base in order to expand our offerings and our business. Today, we offer users across Europe, Africa and Asia a range of products and services that include our PC and mobile browsers as well as our AI-powered news reader Opera News and our app-based fintech solutions.
Opera is headquartered in Oslo, Norway with major offices in Poland, China, Estonia and Sweden, as well as a presence in many additional countries. Opera is listed on the Nasdaq stock exchange under the “OPRA” ticker symbol.