Make an impact on the browsing experience of 360+ million users worldwide.
Have you ever dreamed of making a real impact on the way people access the web? Well, then working at Opera should be exactly right for you! Here, the innovations you create quickly get implemented and delivered to our users.
Huge scale - small, independent teams.
You will work surrounded by supportive colleagues and in a flat organizational structure with short decision-making processes that boost your creativity and drive.
We are looking for a Technical Project Manager to work in a Mobile Services team that is responsible for developing, configuring, monitoring and troubleshooting the Opera Mini and other Opera mobile services that are currently serving more than 200 million users.
- Collaboration with product team in order to gather requirements,
- Collaboration with development team in order to find solutions,
- Documenting and tracking product roadmap,
- Documenting and tracking progress of functionality implementation in JIRA,
- Preparing status reports to stakeholders,
- Working closely with the development, configuration and product teams to support business teams and product goals
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience,
- Full system development life cycle hands-on understanding: analysis, designing, coding, testing, performance tuning and documentation,
- Skilled in negotiation to align stakeholders and communicate a single perspective to the team. Balances value propositions for competing stakeholders,
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills,
- Familiarity with bug tracking system (JIRA),
- Commitment to continuous learning and working in a highly dynamic environment,
- Good communication skills and fluency in English.
- 2+ years experience in similar position,
- Ability to work in diverse environment,
- Have solid knowledge and understanding of agile & scrum,
- Able to quickly adapt to changing situations,
- Have knowledge of and an interest in IT (e.g. web & mobile technologies, internet protocols, market developments, trends).
At Opera, we make web browsers for computers, tablets and mobile phones. Our portfolio also includes services and solutions for news aggregation, data compression and privacy. Our aim is to shape an open, connected world, giving users the best internet experience on any device and any platform. Our passion is to create innovative products and services for users who expect more than just a regular browser, which bring the whole world online.