Location: Oslo, Norway or Barcelona, Spain
Interested in managing multi-million dollar marketing budgets to concretely affect user growth of global apps that have already generated over 1 billion downloads on Google Play? We are looking for a data-driven Performance Marketing Director with in-depth knowledge in performance marketing to join Opera’s marketing team in our Oslo or Barcelona office.
If you’re self-driven, ambitious, and can demonstrate past experience in successfully running product marketing operations in a holistic way with high user growth, then we believe this is a dream job for you.
Huge scale - small, independent teams
You will work surrounded by supportive colleagues and in a flat organizational structure with short decision-making processes that boost your creativity and drive. Cooperation with hard-working, experienced people will help you introduce ideas and continuously improve your work.
- Allocate and manage multi-million dollars budget to grow user base of mobile browser apps while controlling KPIs (DAU, MAU, LTV, ROI)
- Manage multi-channel global Performance Marketing operations (in-house and via agencies)
- Identify and set specific KPIs to be reached by Performance Marketing and Brand Marketing activities in order to grow user base in key markets
- Monitor KPIs of all applications belonging to the Mobile Browser Business Unit on a daily basis
- Collaborate closely with the product managers of several apps to ensure that Marketing efforts are supporting overall apps´ target KPIs and that Roadmap is as strong and relevant as can be to drive user growth in key markets
- Create a holistic long term product marketing strategy for applications to ensure strong product positioning and differentiation enabling user growth and retention in core markets
- Build a holistic multi-channel marketing plan for several apps to reach set KPIs in key markets quarter by quarter
- Mentor and support marketing team members to allow them to perform better and focus on the right KPIs to enable user growth
- Monitor and manage marketing spending on a daily basis
- Monitor marketing activities and results to identify areas for improvement on a daily basis
- Structure and optimize the organization of performance and brand marketing activities to maximize the chance of success and user growth
- Collaborate with key partners (Google Ads AM, Facebook Ads AM, AppsFlyer AM, …) to ensure that marketing activities at Opera are innovative, ahead of competitors and as efficient as possible
- Manage relationships with performance marketing Agencies, Branding Agencies, influencer agencies to ensure that contract conditions and deliverables are as good for Opera as possible
- Collaborate with Monetization, Business Intelligence, and Finance teams to ensure that KPIs used to optimize marketing activities are up to date
- Monitoring and reporting of marketing campaign performance, ROI, LTV, and other relevant marketing metrics
- Use of a data-driven approach to manage marketing campaigns and drive insights on strategy and performance
- Monitoring of analytics dashboards and key reporting tools
- Communication of weekly updates, progress reports, timelines, and results
- Constant and proactive quest to identify untapped opportunities to grow the mobile app user base and brand awareness
- Minimum 5 years of performance marketing experience, with a documented track record of managing multi-million dollar budget ad accounts on Google Ads and Facebook Ads
- Fluency in English is a must (able to write and speak fluently and idiomatically)
- Ability to understand, work with and reach long-term and short-term KPIs (user growth, ROI/LTV, Brand Awareness, market share...)
- Experience with using digital performance marketing tools (Firebase, Google Analytics, AppsFlyer, Google Ads, Facebook Business Manager, Facebook Ads, Tik Tok Ads, AB Testing tools, App Annie...)
- Exhibit a high degree of creativity to support the ideation of marketing campaigns that appeal to users of various nationalities, demographics and user segments
- Proven ability to successfully develop, execute and optimize major multi-channel marketing campaigns.´
- Experience in a high-growth consumer-oriented startup or company is a plus
- A positive, open attitude and willingness to help people
- Clear and effective communicator
We will review applications continuously, so apply now! We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Opera is a global web innovator with an engaged and growing base of hundreds of millions of monthly active users who seek a better internet experience. Building on over 25 years of innovation that started with browser products, Opera is now leveraging its brand and highly engaged user base in order to expand its business into new segments. Today, Opera offers users around the world a range of products and services that include PC and mobile browsers, the newsreader Opera News, and apps dedicated to gaming, fintech, e-commerce and classifieds.
Opera is headquartered in Oslo, Norway with major offices in Poland, China and Sweden, as well as a presence in many additional countries. Opera is listed on the Nasdaq stock exchange under the “OPRA” ticker symbol.