We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Director of Product to join the E-Commerce team to help build next generation consumer shopping experiences in our browsers! You have in-depth knowledge of the rapidly evolving ecosystem of online shopping. You have strong opinions on how the ecosystem will change and what the winners will need to build to succeed. You have strong communication skills and are able to build and execute plans around your ideas and strategies. You will own our E-Commerce roadmap, including new features, product commercialization, competitive analysis and strategic planning. You are creative when appropriate, but analytic in execution. You are relentlessly focused on delivery and understand the value of getting MVPs and products out the door so we can learn and modify as we go along.
The ideal candidate is located in either Berlin, DE or Wroclaw, PL (If it is your case we encourage you to apply!)
- Own the success, vision and roadmap of E-Commerce products.
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that improve customer experience and drive growth.
- Understand the product and platform needs of partners that are looking to optimize ad spend while generating incremental GMV.
- Manage the E-Commerce product team.
- Lead cross-functional development teams through decomposition of requirements and iterative approaches to the best design, delivery, and support of E-Commerce projects.
- Responsible for aligning products with evolving advertising ecosystem changes in data usage & privacy compliance (cookie/ID deprecation, CCPA, GDPR, etc.)
- Your team will author detailed Product Requirements Documents (PRDs) and release plans.
- Engage and influence development teams on design and technical decisions.
- Always thinking “how can I make this product / feature / platform better.
- Lead partnerships on key integrations for data and identity products.
- Intellectually curious and has a passion to understand the “why”
- 10+ years of experience in relevant product management positions and environments.
- Ability to articulate the vision of the product to internal and external stakeholders and work towards a buy-in of that shared vision within the organisation.
- You need to be able to speak to product strategies and roadmaps that you have owned and built.
- You must be able to demonstrate successful completion of multiple product cycles, from conception to in-market.
- Experience in a start-up environment or you can demonstrate an entrepreneurial approach in your roles and.
- You don’t allow obstacles to deflect or deter you; you are a master of prioritization of your own time and the team’s time
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
- Willingness to travel (when it is safe to do so) for in person meetings globally.
Opera is a leading global internet brand with an engaged and growing base of over 380 million average monthly active users. Building on 25 years of innovation, starting with our browser products, we are increasingly leveraging our brand as well as our massive and highly active user base in order to expand our offerings and our business. Today, we offer users across Europe, Africa and Asia a range of products and services that include our PC and mobile browsers as well as our AI-powered news reader Opera News and our app-based fintech solutions.
Opera is headquartered in Oslo, Norway with major offices in Poland, China, Estonia and Sweden, as well as a presence in many additional countries. Opera is listed on the Nasdaq stock exchange under the “OPRA” ticker symbol.