Make an impact on the browsing experience of 360+ million users worldwide
Have you ever dreamed of making a real impact on the way people access the web? Well, then working at Opera is exactly right for you! Here, the innovations you develop are quickly implemented and delivered to our users. As part of our Global IT team, you will be responsible for the automation and management of services deployed in Opera’s data centers on 4 continents.
Grand scale - small, independent teams
You will work in a globally scaled IT environment, surrounded by supportive colleagues and in a flat organizational structure with short decision-making processes that boost creativity and drive.
Currently we are looking for an experienced System Administrator that will strengthen our Platform team in Wrocław, Warsaw or remotely. You will be responsible for services such as private cloud infrastructure, high-traffic distributed load balancing as well as system automation and monitoring. The ideal candidate should be interested in both large scale system administration and the development of existing and new IT systems and auxiliary scripts.
Your daily work will involve:
- Ensuring that configuration management covers 100% of Opera’s IT systems (Puppet)
- Developing monitoring stack to ensure that all of our systems are available 24/7 (Prometheus)
- Deployment and maintenance of multi-region Opera private cloud clusters (OpenStack)
- Management of global highly-available load balancers (nginx)
- Ensuring that every request coming to our DNS systems around the world is properly handled (DNS protocol in general)
- Maintenance of in-house developed IT systems and scripts (Python)
- A good understanding and hands-on experience with Linux systems (minimum equivalent of 5 years working experience), preferably the Ubuntu and Debian family
- An understanding of TCP/IP and general knowledge of computer network aspects
- Familiarity with configuration management tools (Puppet, Ansible)
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies (KVM), DNS protocol, HA solutions, load balancing and system monitoring concepts
- General knowledge of IT system security
- Fluency in English
- Experience in private cloud computing solutions (OpenStack, Proxmox)
- Knowledge of Ceph distributed storage (both block and object)
- An understanding of server hardware and data center environment management
- Knowledge of Prometheus/Grafana monitoring stack